Sage 100 Sales Order Features & Benefits
Sage 100 Sales Order Processing
Sales Order Process Management
Business processes are fundamental to the success of a business. They consolidate company-wide tasks, actions, decisions, and events into a continuous flow that keeps business activity moving forward and customers satisfied. Business processes can be internal to a business, coordinating simple interactions between different departments, or they can be public processes that orchestrate the collaboration between trading partners. Business processes can be as brief as a single transaction, or they can be long-running, spanning days or weeks.
Sales Order Information Container
It is paramount that a business have a transaction record that acts as a container in place to index and recall these business processes for, if only customer satisfaction, and Sage 100 Sales Order Information achieves this business management process by indexing transactions related to a customer’s unique sales order number in which can be further expanded to reach all facets of their (the customer) transcation data by creating and implementing UDFs that are built on Sage’s Business Objects Architecture. Maintaining customer records using Sage 100 Sales Order Information is key to keeping on top of transaction data for invoicing, purchasing, manufacturing, shipping, product warranty, ect., and locating this information at the moment it is requested is important. Following is a sample of the Sage 100 Sales Order Features and Benefits that can assist your team.
Sage 100 Sales Order Features & Benefits
- Personalized Data Entry The unique dual grid design allows you to select the fields you normally enter data into for your primary grid, with all other fields easily accessible in the secondary grid.
- Blanket Orders & Repeating Order Large orders shipped over a period of time can be handled easily by issuing new orders against the blanket order to speed shipment and invoice processing. You can enter repeating orders once and recall them later for customers who regularly order the same items.
- Order History & Quotations Order and order history files can save orders after invoicing, save canceled orders for “lost sale” analysis, and track sales order history. Quotations can be entered, printed, and later converted to standard orders.
- Promise Date per Line Item A Sales Order promise date is available on each line in Sales Order Entry, allowing you to enter a unique promise date for each line item on a sales order. This date prints on the SO Open Sales Order report and Open Sales Order by Item report.
- Sales Kit Processing Define sales kits using the Inventory Management module and use them during sales order entry and invoice data entry. Component items for a sales kit can be automatically exploded during data entry.
- Extended Descriptions & UDFs for Line Items Enter extended item descriptions for inventory items, miscellaneous items, and special items during sales order entry and invoice data entry. Create UDFs in sales orders, invoices, and history files. UDFs can Åow from inventory items to sales order and purchase order lines, which are also retained in history.
- Alias Item Numbers Store vendor and customer part numbers and easily call up the correct item from all your data entry points.
- Lot & Serial Numbers Allocate by Lot or Serial Number, reserve limited quantity products for loyal customers, or match product you’ve previously shipped to a specific customer. If an inventory item uses the lot or serial method of valuation, you can enter the lot or serial numbers as you are entering the invoice.
- Split Commissions Establish and maintain default splits between multiple salespeople and identify the splits by customer. Splits occur automatically, including multitier commissions. Use rate tables to ensure salespeople are paid correctly; set up different commission rates by combinations of salespeople, customers, items, and effective dates.
- Alternate Items & Alterrnate Warehouse When entering orders for out-of-stock items, you can display a list of alternate items or alternate warehouses for selection during sales order entry and invoice data entry.
- Dropship Items Create sales orders or invoices for drop shipment to customers. The Daily Drop Ship report recaps all items to be drop shipped, detailed by vendor and item.
- Customer Last Purchase History This customer service tool allows you to quickly access quantities and prices from past customer purchases.
- Non-Stock Items Enter sales orders or invoices for special items not in your inventory and also enter charges for miscellaneous noninventory items.
- Drill Down Sales order invoices stored in the accounts receivable invoice history file can easily be found, viewed, and printed from the General Ledger or Accounts Receivable modules with the click of a mouse using cross-module drill down. Lot or serial number information can also be viewed during drill downs.
- Gross Margin Checking & Display Optionally show gross margins (price vs. cost) on screen to permit salespeople to see how much latitude is available for special pricing. Also, you can set a minimum margin below which password override is required.
- Pick, Pack & Ship Restrict warehouse workers to selected shipping tasks to maintain control over the shipping process. Track items by package and print professional packing lists. Enter carrier tracking numbers for your customer service personnel. Affix all finished shipping cartons with shipping labels and, if appropriate, COD tags that include billable freight.
- Job Cost Integration Customers using Job Cost with Sales Order can assign a job number to a sales order and assign specific cost codes and cost types to each line item on the order. Several setup configuration options let you tailor the interface to your needs. For example, you can choose whether or not to post costs from Sales Order to Job Cost, and whether an invoice should relieve Work In Process during the update.
Questions? Contact Brian Parker at BIS.
For support questions and more information about the Sage 100 Sales Order Features and Benefits, contact Brian Parker at BIS – a Sage Authorized Partner, Sage Reseller, Sage Certified Consultant, Support and Solution Provider.
Thank you for visting the Sage 100 Sales Order Features and Benefits page at BIS on bisnets.net
- Brian Parker
- Business Information Systems Inc.
- call: (858) 449-5947
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org